Playing with New Oxide Distress Ink

The Lighthouse

Have been having a break the last few weeks but had to try out the new oxide distress inks that I received last week. They are fun to use and different to the ordinary distress inks especially on backgrounds. I have quite a collection made so will have to make some more cards. This is my first card using them. It is a ocean scene using the High Tide set from SU.


I stamped the lighthouse twice, one on the card and the other for a mask. Punched a circle for the sun, Masked of the lighthouse, water and sun just played with the inks. When I was happy with the sky I tore some paper and did the coastline though it also looks like low clouds. Removed the water mask stamped the rocks, stamped over them with versamark ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. Leaving the lighthouse mask in place sponged the water and added the waves, birds.and light. The sun looked too white so added some pale yellow ink and all it heeded was a sentiment. I couldn't find one I liked so computer generated one. Love the way it turned out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beccy's May 2023 Challenge

Happy Birthday

AAA Cards Cas Challenge